WHAT WE BELIEVE
- That the Holy Bible, the Old and New Testaments, with its sixty-six canonical books in the original manuscripts of the Hebrew and Greek, is the verbal, plenary, inerrant, and infallible Word of God, entirely without error or contradiction in all matters of which it speaks; we additionally believe that God by His singular care and providence, has preserved His Holy Scriptures; and that the Holy Bible is, therefore, the only sufficient final and supreme rule and authority of faith and practice and a model against whose parameters one can test the facts and postulates of scientific claims.
- That God is Triune; meaning there are three Persons in the Godhead, and these three are one God (Matthew 28:19).
- That the God of the Bible is the Creator, the Agent of Intelligent design, Who created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them in six/twenty-four hour days and rested on the seventh day (Genesis 1:1-2:25; Exodus 20:11; Revelation 4:11).
- That the Lord Jesus Christ was both fully God and fully man; that He was supernaturally conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin, Mary (John 1:1-14; Matthew 1:1-25; Luke 1:26-38).
- That the Lord Jesus Christ ascended into Heaven and is now seated at the right hand of the Father; that He ever liveth to make intercession for all that come to God by Him (Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews 4:14; Ephesians 1:20-21).
- That the only way to be saved is by repentance of sin and faith in the blood sacrifice, death, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God; and that to those who thus become His sheep, He says, "I give unto them eternal life; and they shall n ever perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (John 10:28; Ephesians 2:8-9).
- That the Church, which is the Body of Christ, began with the descent of the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost; and that each one who received the Lord Jesus Christ as his personal Savior is a member of the Body of Christ, and is indwelled by the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:12-28; 6:19-20).
- That the Body of Christ is represented by a local church in the assembly of baptized believers professing salvation is their personal Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (Romans 6:1-8; Revelation 2:1-3:22).
- That the Gospel commission is for the Church; that the Lord's Supper and Water Baptism, by immersion for believers only, are Divine institutions and that Christ desires us to practice them in this age (Matthew 28:18-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-29).
- That Satan is a created, but fallen, spiritual being and the author of the Fall; and that he will be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire (Job 1:6; Genesis 3:1-19; Revelation 20:10).
- That Christ may at any moment return in the air to resurrect and rapture the born again believers, and that the Tribulation period of seven years upon both Jew and Gentile shall follow: on the Jewish nation for rejection of their Messiah; on the Gentile world for their rejection of Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Following this period of judgment, the Lord Jesus will come to earth with His saints, and rule for a thousand years. After which, the wicked will be judged at the Great White Throne Judgment and cast into the Lake of Fire (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:5-57; Daniel 9:27; Matthew 24:15-21; 24:27; 25:46; Revelation 19:11; 20:10-12).
- That there will be a bodily resurrection of the dead, both of the just (i.e. saved) and the unjust; that there will be an eternal conscious punishment of the lost and there will be eternal joy of the saved (Revelation 20:11-15; 22:12-21; 1 Corinthians 15:1-58).